Apple is speeding up its devices support for the new 5G network. According to analysts, this network is one of the reasons for its good iPhone sales. The company will now ensure that even its iPad gets this network. Yesterday, Apple released a series of devices including a new generation Apple iPad Pro. This iPad comes with the company’s proprietary M1 chip. This product supports Thunderbolt and USB 4 interfaces, as well as 5G connections.
Apple claims that the iPad Pro has the most 5G frequency bands in its class. This device also provides the world’s most extensive 5G coverage. In the United States, iPad Pro supports millimeter wave, the high-frequency version of 5G. This allows the iPad Pro to reach a speed of up to 4Gbps.
Apple claims that the 8-core CPU performance of the iPad Pro is up to 50% higher than the A12Z Bionic. Furthermore, the 8-core graphics processor performance can be up to 40% higher.
Apple pointed out that iPad Pro has a new generation of 16-core Apple neural network engine, advanced image signal processor (ISP), high-bandwidth unified memory architecture, up to 16GB of memory, 2 times the storage speed, and up to 2TB capacity.
The company said, “because the M1 and A-series chips use the same infrastructure, iPadOS has been optimized to take full advantage of M1’s powerful technology, and can easily cope with tasks ranging from simple navigation to high-performance workflows.”
Apple iPad Pro 11-inch / 12.9-inch (2021) specifications
- 11-inch (2388 x 1668 pixels) Liquid Retina LED-backlit display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- 12.9-inch (2732 x 2048pixels) Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED backlit display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 1000 nits max full-screen brightness; 1600 nits peak brightness (HDR), 264 PPI
- Apple M1 chip 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
8-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- 8GB RAM with 128GB, 256GB or 512GB storage / 16GB RAM with 1TB or 2TB storage
- iOS 14.5
- 12MP wide camera with f/1.8 aperture, 10MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5P lens, Sapphire crystal lens cover, Autofocus with Focus Pixels (Wide), Brighter True Tone flash
- 12MP Ultra Wide TrueDepth front camera with 122° field of view, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control, Portrait Lighting, Retina Flash
- Five microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording, Four speaker audio
- Sensors: Face ID, LiDAR Scanner, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient light sensor
- 5G (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz)Wi-Fi 6; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Built‑in GPS/GNSS, Thunderbolt 3 / USB 4 (up to 40 Gbps) / USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Dimensions (11-inch): 247.6x 178.5x 5.9mm; Weight: 466/468g
- Dimensions (12.9-inch): 280.6x 214.9 x 5.9mm; Weight: 682/684g
- 11-inch – 28.65-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- 12.9-inch – 40.88-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music