Xiaomi’s Black Shark unveiled the Black Shark 2 Pro yesterday with the Snapdragon 855+ and some upgrades. Furthermore, it boasts some specific features exclusively made for the gaming public.
After just 24 hours, the handset hit the mark of 200,000 pre-registrations. Of course, this isn’t a surprise since Black Shark gaming smartphones are a hit in the Chinese market. The registrations for the actual debut sale will run from now until August 2. After the August 2 deadline, the handset will available for purchase.
The “lesser” model ships with 12GB+128GB memory configuration will come with a price tag of 2,999 Yuan ($435). But there is also a high-end model with 12GB+256GB which will be available for 3,499 Yuan ($508). The Black Shark 2 Pro is a jewel for the smartphone market with Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC equipped with a 4,000mah battery which supports 27W fast-charging.
These specifications come under the hood of a gorgeous 6.39-inch full HD+ AMOLED display with an under-screen fingerprint scanner. Moving on to the camera, the Black Shark 2 Pro boasts a dual-camera setup on the rear with 48 megapixels (f/1.75 aperture) plus a 12 megapixels (f/2.2 aperture) secondary snapper. On the front, there is also a 20MP selfie snapper with a standard f/2.0 aperture.
BLACK SHARK 2 PRO SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display with 108.9% DCI – P3 color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, a telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm; Weight: 205g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
We are eagerly waiting to see how the handset will perform after the actual sales period. Considering the huge amount of pre-registrations, we have sure that Xiaomi has another hit on its hands.