It looks like Samsung is getting serious about the new chips, which should significantly improve the user experience with the company. How else to explain the fact that the already very annoying Exynos 9611 is merged by the manufacturer into all new devices?
A promo page has appeared on the website of the Indian division of Amazon, which presents the design and specifications of the new version of the Galaxy M31 called Galaxy M31 Prime.
Galaxy M31 Prime is coming soon with Exynos 9611 and 6,000mAh battery
As you already understood, the new Galaxy M31 Prime will be powered by Exynos 9611 paired with 6GB of RAM. The manufacturer has prepared two storage options – 64 GB and 128 GB. The smartphone will be powered by a 6000 mAh battery, which can be charged via the USB-C port with a capacity of up to 15 W. The manufacturer did not forget to leave a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The set of cameras will hardly differ from the M31s. Only the ultrawide will be worse. Instead of 12 megapixels, we have only 8 megapixels.
Another minor difference for the Galaxy M31 Prime will be the location of the fingerprint scanner, which has moved to the back cover.
Considering that the new version of the Galaxy M31 is almost indistinguishable from the already improved M31s, many do not understand at all how the manufacturer will position itself. Whether Samsung will make it cheaper or more expensive? the price tag is still not known either. One thing is clear – the company is ready to release many products, and the main thing is to get rid of old chips as soon as possible.
It is worth to mention that earlier at the end of July, Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy M31s smartphone with similar specs and design, and here is a reminder of its specifications:
Samsung Galaxy M31s specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O Super AMOLED screen with up to 420 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali-G72MP3 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX682 sensor, LED flash, f/1.8 aperture. 12MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture. 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX616 sensor
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh battery with 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy M31s comes in Mirage Black and Mirage Blue colors. It is available at $265 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs $295.