After launching Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung is now gearing up for its next-gen foldable smartphone dubbed Galaxy Z Fold 2. As the name suggests, it is going to be a successor to the first-gen or company’s original foldable smartphone. A couple of days ago, we reported the complete spec sheet of the smartphone. Well, it looks like we now have the pre-order details along with the release date for the device.
Galaxy Z Fold 2 pre-order will last for a week!
According to a new report by SamMobile, the Galaxy Z Fold 2 will see itself releasing on September 18. It is worth noting that the smartphone will indeed launch on September 1 at the second-iteration of Galaxy Unpacked 2020. We expect the smartphone to be available in the global market on a similar timeline. Apart from the release date, we now also have some information on the pre-order registration. Well, the upcoming foldable smartphone will see its pre-booking registration from September 11 to September 17.
Considering that the release date is September 18, the early adopters will get the smartphone pretty soon. With that said, the pre-booking window is tight and that makes sense considering the device targets the niche consumer. Furthermore, the device is going to be ultra-premium offering and a week timeline should be more than enough. The device is expected to arrive with a price tag of $2,000.
Complete specs, features
As mentioned earlier, the complete spec sheet of the foldable smartphone appeared on the web a couple of days ago. You can find the specifications down below.
- Display: 6.2-inch outer Super AMOLED panel, 2208×1768 pixels, HDR10+, 60Hz refresh rate
large 7.6-inch diagonal Dynamic AMOLED panel, 120Hz refresh rate, 2208×1768 pixels
- Other display features: punch-hole cutout on both the panels for the selfie camera, Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG), additional protective film.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chipset
- Memory and storage: 12GB LPDDR5x RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (non-expandable)
- Rear cameras: triple rear module, 12MP primary sensor (f/1.8, 1.8um)
12MP ultrawide lens (f/2.2, 1.12um)
12MP telephoto lens (f/2.4, 1.0um)
- Selfie camera: single module, 10MP primary sensor (f/2.2, 1.22um) on both the panels.
- Video recording: the rear camera can record 4K videos along with 960fps slow-mo
4K videos at 60fps, HDR10+, hyper-lapse, night mode & Bixby Vision
- Battery: 4,500 mAh capacity, 25W fast charging, 11W wireless charging, wireless power share
- Software: Android 10, One UI 2.5
- Biometrics: side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, WLAN, Type-C port for charging
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 128.2 x 6.9mm
- Weight: 279 grams