Google Chrome is a fairly feature-rich browser but also offers a dedicated Web Store using which various extensions and plugins can be installed to make the browsing experience even better. If you are a newcomer to the world of browser extensions or are simply looking to explore further, then you’ll be pleased to know that Google has released a list of their favorite extensions for 2021 – and oh boy are they worth trying.
To be clear, not all of these extensions have been released in 2021. Rather, they are just a bunch that Google thinks have outshone the rest. Various categories like communication, productivity, classroom tools, and even customization have been covered, and we have listed each of these extensions below along with a short description of them.
Communication and collaboration
- Loom — Makes it easier to capture and share videos with others.
- Mote — Allows you to give quick feedback through voice commenting and transcripts.
- WordTune — Helps you clearly communicate by rephrasing sentences and catching typos in emails and documents.
- Kami — Creates an interactive online learning space for students and teachers.
- InsertLearning — Helps you easily take notes and integrates with Google Classroom.
- Toucan — Makes learning a new language fun and immersive.
- Rememberry — Organizes vocabulary words into flashcard decks for quick studying throughout the day.
- Stylus — Helps you build and install custom themes and skins for your favorite sites.
- Rakuten — Puts cash in your pocket by automatically finding coupons and deals across the web.
It is worth mentioning here that these extensions can be installed not only on Google Chrome but on almost every browser barring Firefox, including Edge, Opera, Brave, Vivaldi, etc. since they’re all Chromium-based.
Apple had released a similar list comprised of the most popular apps from its App Store for this year, and you can check it out from here.