A rumor on the Dexerto portal states that the budget of GTA 6 could be between $1 billion and $2 billion. This would make it the most expensive video game ever, surpassing Cyberpunk 2077 ($330 million), Destiny 2 ($500 million), and Star Citizen ($550 million).
GTA 6 budget could be $1-$2 billion, making it the most expensive video game ever
The last chapter of the series, GTA 5, cost $250 million to develop. So, a budget of $1 billion to $2 billion would be a significant increase.
It’s possible that the high budget is due to the long development time of GTA 6. The game has been in development for over 10 years, and it’s possible that Rockstar Games is spending a lot of money to make sure it’s a success.
Gizchina News of the week
We’ll have to wait for more news to confirm or deny the rumor. But, if it’s true, GTA 6 could be one of the most expensive and ambitious video games ever made.
GTA 6: What could the $1 billion-$2 billion budget be used for?
The high budget for GTA 6 could be used for a variety of things, including:
- Developing a massive open world with a lot of detail and interactivity
- Creating a compelling story with memorable characters
- Hiring top-notch voice actors and musicians
- Building a state-of-the-art game engine
- Marketing and promoting the game
What are the risks of a $1 billion-$2 billion budget?
There are a few risks that associate with a $1 billion-$2 billion budget for GTA 6. These risks include:
- The game could be too ambitious and fail to live up to expectations
- The game could be delayed or even canceled
- The game could launch with a lot of bugs and glitches
- The game could be too expensive for some players
Despite the risks, the potential rewards of a $1 billion-$2 billion budget for GTA 6 are huge. If the game is a success, it could be one of the most popular and profitable video games of all time.