xiaomi phones come with a fingerprint sensor that can be used to unlock the phone, but it can also be used to perform other actions. In this article, we will show you how to use the fingerprint sensor to turn on the flashlight, put the phone on silent mode, and more.
How to Enable Fingerprint Sensor Shortcuts
So, first, you need to enable fingerprint sensor shortcuts. To do this, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Gesture shortcuts. Under “Double touch the fingerprint sensor,” select the actions you want to be able to perform by double-tapping the fingerprint sensor.
The Available Actions
The available actions include:
- Take a screenshot
- Activate the flashlight
- Deploy the control center
- Unfold the notification bar
- Start the google Assistant
- Open the camera
- Open the calculator
- Turn on silent mode
- Get problem logs
How to Use the Fingerprint Sensor Shortcuts
Once you have enabled fingerprint sensor shortcuts, you can use them by double-tapping the fingerprint sensor. For example, if you have enabled the flashlight shortcut, double-tapping the fingerprint sensor will turn on the flashlight.
Gizchina News of the week
Tips for Using the Fingerprint Sensor Shortcuts
Here are a few tips for using the fingerprint sensor shortcuts:
- Make sure that you have registered your fingerprints correctly. If your fingerprints are not registered correctly, the fingerprint sensor shortcuts may not work.
- Be careful not to double-tap the fingerprint sensor accidentally. If you double-tap the fingerprint sensor accidentally, it may trigger the action that you have selected.
- You can also use the fingerprint sensor shortcuts to open apps. To do this, long-press the fingerprint sensor. This will open a list of apps that you can open with the fingerprint sensor.
The fingerprint sensor on your Xiaomi phone can be used to perform a variety of actions. By enabling fingerprint sensor shortcuts, you can make it even easier to use your phone. So, take a few minutes to experiment with the fingerprint sensor shortcuts and see how they can make your life easier.
So, if you are not already using the fingerprint sensor on your Xiaomi phone, I encourage you to start using it. It is a convenient and secure way to unlock your phone and perform other actions.