Chinese manufacturer, Huawei, will soon launch the stable version of its HarmonyOS for smartphones. According to a recent report, the Huawei HarmonyOS Beta 3.0 is now available for download. However, only the closed beta is currently available. The HarmonyOS 2.0 will now be pushed for smartphones. Thus, developers that have testing qualifications can have access to this version.
This update seems to have no new features, however, it comes with some upgrades. The Huawei HarmonyOS API is optimized and the system capabilities are enhanced to support more scene development.
- Adds more than 1,000 HarmonyOS APIs
- Adds FA free installation feature, FA services that support free installation properties can be used without installation
- Brings a nnew update that enhances feature circulation. This feature enhances easy transfer of contents on mobile phones and tablets to large screens, watches, and other terminal devices through distributed capabilities
- Efficient memory management mechanism
- New animation platform development curve
- Add JAVA control to adjust font/weight interface
- Adds support for connection management of watch, tablet, and other device types based on the proxy Internet access of other devices
- Adds distributed networking API
- Newly added drive failure diagnosis and recovery mechanism
According to Yu Chengdong, Huawei’s flagship mobile phone will begin to upgrade the HarmonyOS system in April. The speculations so far claims that this rollout may commence on April 24.
Huawei P50 series to arrive with HarmonyOS on April 27th
According to a recent report, Huawei will the Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) from April 24 to 26. The speculations so far shows that the company will reveal more details on the HarmonyOS at the event. However, there is no official information on the details of the event. Presently, there are reports that a new version of HarmonyOS will arrive on April 24th. This could probably be the mobile version.
A Weibo blogger claims that the Huawei P50 series will launch HarmonyOS. The Weibo post comes with the tag “artistic deconstruction”. This some what implies a second release for this system. From the reports so far, the Huawei P50 series will arrive on April 27th. The global launch will take place in May if the rumors so far are true. The Huawei P50 series will have three smartphones including Huawei P50, P50 Pro and P50 Pro+. The new Huawei P50 series will come with distinct variations of the Kirin 9000 chips.