According to Shanghai Securities News, Huawei recently held a media communication meeting on its foldable flagship innovative technology. The company seeks to unveil the story behind the innovative technology of the new generation foldable flagship, Huawei MateXs 2. Thanks to the in-depth research of the R&D team in the fields of industrial design, material science, interactive experience, and fast battery life, Huawei Mate Xs 2 has achieved breakthroughs in ultra-thin, ultra-flat, and ultra-reliable.
Third-party data shows that in May, Huawei completely tops the Chinese foldable smartphone market. The top three foldable smartphones in China in terms of sales are Huawei Mate Xs 2, Huawei P50 Pocket, as well as Huawei Mate X2.
According to reports, Huawei’s new generation foldable flagship Huawei Mate Xs 2 was released in April. This smartphone weighs 255g which is pretty decent considering that it’s a foldable smartphone. It is the lightest foldable large-screen mobile phone in the industry at present. Its weight and thickness are also close to that of ordinary candy bar phones; equipped with dual-rotor eagle wings. The flatness of the screen is 70% higher than that of the Mate Xs and the drop resistance is 2.5 times better. Furthermore, the impact resistance is 2.8 times and the extrusion resistance is 1.4 times better than the previous generation.
At the communication meeting, Huawei claims that the Huawei Mate Xs 2 achieve breakthroughs in three aspects: lightness, thinness, flatness, and reliability. These capabilities come from Huawei’s “Super Materials Laboratory”. The laboratory has a full-process production line, including 9 types of production equipment and 12 types of monitoring equipment. The laboratory also covers a total area of 1,000 square meters. However, this production line is not for mass production, it is only for material research.
HUAWEI Mate Xs 2 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2480 × 1176 pixels) OLED 120Hz display when folded, 7.8-inch (2480 × 2200 pixels) OLED 120Hz display when unfolded, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 4G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- HarmonyOS 2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS
- 10.7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 156.5x 75.5 (139.3 unfolded) x 5.4-11.1mm; Weight: 255g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 4600mAh (4880mAh in collector’s edition) battery with 66W fast charging