huawei was once a top player in the android smartphone world, especially in the photography sector with its collaboration with Leica. However, the US ban changed Huawei's approach, and the collaboration with Leica was not renewed. Despite this, Huawei's latest flagship, the P60 Pro, still proves to be solid in the photographic sector.
Huawei P60 Pro: The Best Camera Phone on the Market
DxOMark tested the P60 Pro, and it achieved an overall rating of 156 points. This places the device at the top of the general classification, surpassing competitors such as the oppo Find X6 Pro and the Huawei Mate 50 and Pixel 7 Pro by almost 10 points.
Looking at the details, the P60 Pro received high scores in all sectors, including the highest score of 159 points for taking photos and 147 points for video recording. During the test, DxOMark was impressed by the device's excellent dynamic range, fast and accurate autofocus, vivid colors in all shooting conditions, noise control, and performance in portraits.
There were a few negative aspects mentioned at the end of the test, such as some problems with video transitions and artifacts in videos with low ambient brightness. However, overall, the Huawei P60 Pro is a top-performing camera phone and is currently unmatched in the rear photographic sector, according to DxOMark.
Gizchina News of the week
Huawei P60 Pro Key camera specifications:
- Primary: 48MP RYYB sensor, 24.5mm equivalent auto-adjustable physical f/1.4 – f/4.0-aperture lens , AF, OIS
- Ultra-wide: 13MP sensor, 13 mm equivalent f/2.2-aperture lens, AF
- Tele: 48MP sensor, 90 mm equivalent f/2.1-aperture lens, AF, 10cm minimum focus distance
- Chipset: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4G
- Wide dynamic range in landscape or portrait images, with good contrast in every lighting condition
- Nice and vivid colors for every tested lighting condition in photo; good video colors in outdoor and indoor conditions
- Fast and accurate auto-focus in photo mode
- Depth of field with good sharpness on all faces in group shots with subjects in different planes.
- High levels of detail and well-controlled noise in photo, video and zoom
- Nice blur effect and accurate subject isolation in portrait mode
- Unnatural skin tones in low light video
- Some unnatural detail rendering in difficult conditions
- Focus stepping during video transitions
- Image artifacts, including flare, quantization and ringing
For more details on the tests conducted by DxOMark, you can read the complete report. In summary, the Huawei P60 Pro demonstrates its strengths and solidifies its position in the photographic sector, even without the collaboration with Leica.
In addition to its impressive camera performance, the Huawei P60 Pro boasts other impressive features. The device has a large 6.67-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2700 x 1220 pixels. It also has a powerful Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4G processor and up to 12GB of RAM. Making it a top-performing smartphone.
The P60 Pro also features a large 4815mAh battery, which provides excellent battery life. It also supports 88W wired charging and 50W wireless charging, with support for reverse wireless charging, making it one of the fastest charging smartphones on the market.
The device runs on Huawei's EMUI 13.1 based on Android in Europe without google Play services and HarmonyOS 3.1 in China, which offers a clean and customizable user interface. It also has a fingerprint scanner built into the display, which is fast and accurate. In terms of design, the P60 Pro has a sleek and modern look with a glass back and metal frame. It is also IP68 certified, making it water and dust resistant.
Overall, the Huawei P60 Pro is a top-performing smartphone with an impressive camera and other high-end features. Despite the US ban and the end of the collaboration with Leica, Huawei continues to be a strong player in the Android smartphone world.