Instagram is currently in the process of developing a new application that will compete directly with Twitter. During a company meeting, one of Meta’s top executives presented a preview of the new app to employees. Revealing this exciting new development. The new app will be based on Instagram and will integrate with ActivityPub, a decentralized social media protocol. Users can take their accounts and followers to other apps that support ActivityPub, such as Mastodon, through this integration. It’s a theoretical possibility.
Instagram’s Upcoming App: A Promising Twitter Contender
During the meeting, Chris Cox, the CPO of Meta, called the new application “our response to Twitter”. He confirmed that the Instagram account system will automatically integrate a user’s information into the new app. While the internal codename for the application is “Project 92,” its official name has not yet been announced. However, some speculate that it could be available as Threads.
Gizchina News of the week
Cox also mentioned that many content creators and public figures are excited about this new application. They feel that it will provide a “healthily managed platform” that they can trust and rely on for distribution. The executive emphasized that the new app will offer creators “a stable place to build and grow their audience.”
Cox pointed out that the new app will be a convenient platform for creators to reach their audience. The reference to Elon Musk‘s Twitter management was also mentioned. The app is set to launch “as soon as possible”. And it already has some well known endorsements from DJ Slime, Oprah, and the Dalai Lama.
Overall, the launch of this new Instagram-based application is an exciting development. It will provide users with a new platform to connect with others and share their content. Its integration with ActivityPub and promise of a stable platform for creators make it a promising contender in the social media space.
- Instagram is developing a new app that will compete with Twitter.
- The app may be called Threads.
- It will use Instagram’s account system and integrate with ActivityPub.
- This will allow users to take their accounts and followers with them to other apps.
- Content creators and public figures are excited about the app.
- Meta says it will offer creators a stable place to build and grow their audience.
- The app will launch soon and will have famous testimonials, including DJ Slime, Oprah, and the Dalai Lama.