Earlier this year, it was reported that LG was considering exiting the mobile phone market but the Korean giant denied the report. Later details surfaced that it was considering selling its mobile division, wich was then followed with another report that said negotiations with potential buyers fell through and that it will instead shut down the business.
The latest news from Korea via The Korea Times says that LG may announce its exit from the smartphone market next week. The report specifically says the announcement will be made on Monday, April 5, after the board decides the fate of the loss-making arm of the company.
A Twitter user by the name @FrontTron said a few days ago that LG’s plans for the 4000 workers from its mobile division is to assign them to its Changwon home appliance factory.
Remaining employees in the LG MC division will be assigned to the Changwon home appliance factory next week
This is the procedure of dismantling the entire 4,000 employees of the LG phone division.
Rollable was an unfinished model used to increase the … (1/3) https://t.co/xoQdt7iFL5
— 来自上海的Tron (@FrontTron) March 29, 2021
The tweet also said that the LG Rollable will be unfinished as there wasn’t an agreed price to sell the device. This means we shouldn’t expect a commercial version of the LG Rollable that was first announced at CES 2021. Also, since the tweet says that the LG Wing is the manufacturer’s last major product, the chances of the LG Stylo 7 launching seem to be pretty low. It also means that the LG W41 series is the last set of mobile phones the manufacturer announced in India.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!