Finally, apple's latest macOS Sonoma launches globally. This eagerly anticipated free software update is poised to make the Mac experience better, offering a lot of features that promise to elevate both work and play. As we delve into the world of macOS Sonoma, prepare to see its innovative offerings, from interactive desktop widgets to screen savers, video conferencing enhancements, and an immersive gaming experience. Several developers and users have already tested the new operating system and they praised it a lot.
Unveiling macOS Sonoma: Enhancing the Mac Experience
Widgets: Personalization at Its Finest
According to Apple, macOS Sonoma introduces a new feature: desktop widgets that seamlessly blend with your wallpaper while you're working on other tasks. Gone are the days of fumbling through windows to access essential information. Widgets can be placed directly on your desktop, allowing for effortless multitasking and customization. These widgets also boast an interactive element, empowering users to set reminders, control media playback, manage smart home devices, and execute various tasks right from their desktop. This is a significant leap forward in streamlining productivity on the Mac.
What's even more important is the magic of Continuity. Now, you can enhance your Mac's functionality by integrating widgets from your iPhone. Expanding your options and personalization to new heights.
Stunning Screen Savers: A Visual Feast
Prepare to be transported to captivating locales across the globe with the stunning new screen savers in macOS Sonoma. Slow-motion videos showcase destinations like the bustling skyline of Hong Kong, the majestic sandstone buttes of Monument Valley in Arizona, and the serene rolling hills of Sonoma, California. These screen savers have been meticulously curated to provide a visual feast that will leave you in awe.
According to Apple developers, that's not all; macOS Sonoma seamlessly transitions these screen savers into your desktop wallpaper after login, ensuring that your Mac experience is consistently mesmerizing, right from the moment you start your day.
Revolutionizing Video Conferencing
The way we communicate has evolved, and macOS Sonoma adapts to this change brilliantly. Enhanced video conferencing features elevate your virtual meetings to a whole new level. Presenter Overlay places users in front of the content they're sharing, making presentations more engaging and interactive. Moreover, Reactions allow users to express themselves with simple hand gestures that trigger delightful 3D effects like balloons, confetti, hearts, and more. These features inject fun and creativity into your video calls, making them not just productive but enjoyable too.
Enhanced Browsing with Safari
Safari, Apple‘s web browser, receives a significant facelift with macOS Sonoma. The introduction of profiles allows you to keep your browsing separate for various aspects of your life, whether it's work, school, or leisure. Quickly switch between profiles to keep your online activities organized and efficient.
Also, for those concerned about online privacy, Private Browsing now offers enhanced protection against advanced tracking techniques. Private Browsing windows are automatically locked when not in use, ensuring your data remains secure. Known trackers are also blocked from loading, safeguarding your online presence. Furthermore, macOS Sonoma allows you to add websites to your Dock as if they were apps. This feature comes complete with a simplified toolbar and notifications, providing a seamless, app-like browsing experience.
Gizchina News of the week
An Immersive Gaming Experience
According to Apple, Gaming on a Mac has become better, thanks to the power of Apple silicon. MacOS Sonoma takes gaming to the next level with Game Mode. Offering more consistent frame rates and significantly reducing input and audio latency with wireless game controllers and AirPods. This enhancement ensures that your gaming sessions are smooth, immersive, and utterly engrossing.
With Game Mode compatibility extending to a wide array of games, including popular titles like DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT, Stray, Layers of Fear, and SnowRunner, Mac users can now enjoy a diverse gaming experience like never before.
In conclusion, macOS Sonoma represents a significant update forward in the evolution of the Mac experience. From the innovative desktop widgets and stunning screen savers to video conferencing enhancements and an immersive gaming environment, this update truly has it all. It's a testament to Apple's commitment to providing its users with the best possible computing experience. So, embrace the future of macOS and unlock a world of possibilities with macOS Sonoma. Your Mac is about to get even more powerful and enjoyable.
macOS 14 Sonoma complete changelog
- Stunning screen savers of locations from around the world seamlessly become your desktop wallpaper when you log in
- Shuffle settings for rotating through screensavers by theme, including Landscape, Cityscape, Underwater, and Earth
- You can put widgets anywhere on the desktop and adapt to the color of your wallpaper while working in apps
- You can add iPhone widgets to your Mac when your iPhone is nearby or on the same Wi-Fi network
- Interactive widgets let you take actions directly from the widget, such as running a shortcut, pausing media, and more
- Presenter Overlay keeps you front and center while sharing your screen in FaceTime or third-party video conferencing apps (Mac with Apple silicon)
- Reactions layer 3D effects like hearts, balloons, confetti, and more around you in video calls and can be triggered with gestures (Mac with Apple silicon, Continuity Camera with iPhone 12 and later)
Safari and Passwords
- Profiles keep your browsing separate for topics like work and personal, separating your history, cookies, extensions, Tab Groups, and favorites
- Web apps let you use any website like an app, complete with an icon in the Dock for faster access and a simplified toolbar for easier browsing
- Enhanced Private Browsing locks your private browsing windows when you're not using them. Blocks known trackers from loading, and removes tracking that identifies you from URLs
- Password and passkey sharing allows you to easily share accounts with trusted contacts
- Live Stickers sync from iOS and iPadOS to macOS, giving you access to the Live Stickers you create on your iPhone and iPad
- Search filters for people, keywords, and content types like photos or links help you more easily find what you are looking for
- Swipe to reply inline on any iMessage bubble
- Game Mode gives games the highest priority on the CPU and GPU, delivering more consistent frame rates and lower latency to wireless controllers and AirPods (Mac with Apple silicon)
- Improved autocorrect accuracy makes typing even easier by leveraging a more powerful transformer-based language model
- Inline predictive text shows single- and multi-word predictions that you can add by pressing the Space bar
- Improved Dictation experience supports using your voice and keyboard together to enter and edit text
- Adaptive Audio delivers a new listening mode that dynamically blends Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency to tailor the noise control experience based on the conditions of your environment (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with the latest firmware)
- Personalized Volume adjusts the volume of your media in response to your environment and listening preferences over time (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with the latest firmware)
- Conversation Awareness lowers your media volume and enhances the voices of the people in front of the user. All while reducing background noise (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with the latest firmware)
- Press to mute and unmute your microphone by pressing the AirPods stem or the Digital Crown on AirPods Max when on a call (AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro (1st and 2nd generation), or AirPods Max with the latest firmware)
- Improved AirPods automatic switching now detects Mac up to 2X faster (AirPods (2nd and 3rd generation), AirPods Pro (1st and 2nd generation), AirPods Max with the latest firmware)
- Sensitive Content Warnings can be enabled to help prevent users from unexpectedly viewing sensitive images in Messages
- Expanded Communication Safety protections for children now detect videos containing nudity in addition to photos shared through Messages and the system Photos picker
- Improved sharing permissions let you choose which photos to share and add calendar events without providing access to your entire photo library or calendar
- Live Speech lets you type what you want to say and reads it aloud in FaceTime calls or in-person conversations
- Personal Voice helps users at risk of speech loss to create a voice that sounds like them in a private and secure way using on-device machine learning
- Made for iPhone compatible hearing devices can be paired and used with Mac (MacBook Pro (2021), Mac Studio (2022), and Mac computers with M2 chip)
This release also includes other features and improvements:
- One-time verification code AutoFill from Mail helps you quickly sign into sites in Safari, without leaving the browser
- Inline PDFs and document scans in Notes appear in full-width, making them easy to view
- Grocery Lists in Reminders automatically group related items into sections as you add them
- Visual Look Up for recipes helps you find similar dishes from a photo
- Visual Look Up in video helps you learn about objects that appear in paused video frames
- Pets in the People album in Photos surfaces individual pets just like friends or family members
- Option to say “Siri” in addition to “Hey Siri” for a more natural way to activate Siri (Mac with Apple silicon, AirPods Pro (2nd generation))
- High performance mode in Screen Sharing supports color workflows and improves responsiveness while remotely accessing a Mac (Mac with Apple silicon)
- Item sharing in Find My allows you to share an AirTag with up to five other people
- Activity History in Home displays a recent history of events for door locks, garage doors, security systems, and contact sensors
- Battery health management updated on 13-inch MacBook Air with M2 chip to better optimize long term battery health