Yesterday, Xiaomi finally unveiled the new special edition of its smartphones to celebrate the company’s ten years birthday. We can pretty much say that the Redmi K30 Ultra and the Mi 10 Ultra pretty much have stolen the headlines recently. The first is a true flagship killer with a gorgeous display and MediaTek’s excellent Dimensity 1000+ chipset. The Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra is a premium offering that comes to be the definitive offering of the Mi 10 series. Today, we’re getting a little more details about the gorgeous display found on the flagship.
Mi 10 Ultra – a powerful smartphone with amazing cameras and a gorgeous display
The new flagship boasts a curved AMOLED 6.67-inch display with a 120Hz refresh rate. It’s a 10-bit panel capable of displaying just over 1 billion colors. The only devices that come close to this level of fidelity are the Oppo Find X2 Pro and the OnePlus 8 Pro. While the 10 Ultra does not offer a QHD+ resolution we are sure that the display quality is enough to make it one of the best panels in the market. Worth noting that the X2 Pro uses a combination of 8-bit color depth plus a 2-bit dither algorithm to reach the 1.07 billion color mark.
Worth noting that this is a big difference between the Xiaomi and the OnePlus and Oppo smartphones. Both Find X2 Pro and OnePlus 8 Pro have AMOLED displays supplied by Samsung Display. When it comes to the Mi 10 Ultra, we have a display supplied from one of TCL’s display subsidiary. The panel has been manufactured by China Star Optoelectronics Technology (CSOT). The information was shared on Weibo by the manufacturer itself. TCL is one of the biggest Chinese companies, and it’s interesting to see that the company is already shipping a powerful capable OLED display for smartphones.
The company made an interesting post to share some of the main characteristics of the display. It lists some of the OLED panel’s characteristics such as the Delta E value of less than 1, JNCD value of less than 0.63, 800 nits of brightness, and up to 1,120 of peak brightness. It also has DCI-P3 color gamut and MEMC support.
XIAOMI MI 10 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB. 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage. 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging