As of right now, if you own a Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5g, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6 or 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, or Pixel 7 or 7 Pro, you can grab the latest beta. The build arrives as T2B3.230109.002 and it fixes a pretty long list of bugs.
On the release notes page for this Android 13 Beta update, Google simply says that they are using this Quarterly Platform Releases (QPR) situation to update the platform with fixes and improvements. They then dive into the “top resolved issues” for this QPR2 Beta 3 build that you can find below:
Developer-reported and user-reported issues
- Fixed an issue where notifications in a notification group were sometimes displayed with straight corners instead of rounded corners. (Issue #264287776, Issue #265529116)
- Fixed an issue where the message in the notification shade that indicates an active VPN connection overlapped with the message about apps with active foreground services. (Issue #266075977)
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu couldn't be accessed when editing Quick Settings tiles. (Issue #263484657)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a device with vibration enabled to vibrate for too long after it received a notification. (Issue #239676913)
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused messaging apps to crash or fail to send notifications.
- Fixed a GPU issue that prevented apps from using certain visual effects.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Settings tiles for a work profile were not added after setting up a new device.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Pixel launcher to crash when using the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a device from being unlocked using a pattern after the Google Assistant was activated.
- Fixed an issue in the com.android.qns system process that sometimes caused crashes.
- Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher that prevented Chinese text input from being recognized when typing in the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue where when entering and exiting Picture-in-picture (PiP) mode from an app after changing the screen orientation, the system Settings app crashed with a “Settings keeps stopping” message and then the system Settings app couldn't be opened.
- Fixed an issue with the System UI that sometimes caused it to crash from a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue where the connection status of a Bluetooth device sometimes did not match the actual device state.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel launcher crashed when a user tapped a web search suggestion for a query term.
- Fixed an issue that caused status bar icons to overlap with the date text when font and display settings were set to their maximum level on a device.
As for any new issues, you can read about those here.
If you'd like to grab the update, the easiest way is going to be through the Android Beta Program. Sign-up for that here. If you'd like to go another route, you can manually flash factory image or OTA files linked below.
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3
Release date: February 1, 2023
Security patch level: January 2023
Google Play services: 23.03.13
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 Downloads: Factory Images | OTA Files