According to recent reports, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series is now receiving the One UI 3.0 update. Just like the previous update, the beta users will first get this update before others will follow. According to feedback from the Galaxy community, users of the Hong Kong version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series are currently getting this update.
Samsung promises that the One UI 3.0 will greatly improve the performance of this series. For example, the new performance optimization grid helps applications to use less battery and run faster. In addition, One Ul 3.0 uses a new privacy control mechanism to give you full control. You can set one-time permissions, and enhance the digital health function.
However, users must update some apps separately after updating the operating system. These programs include calculator, voice recorder, Samsung browser, theme store game center, Samsung Health, Samsung Note, Samsung Pay, Galaxy Wearable, etc.
One UI 3.0 (Android 11) update changelog
The One UI 3.0 appearance takes a new look. This new version has more consistent icons, a smarter quick panel, and a notification structure. After optimizing the animation and tactile feedback in common operations, the action is smoother and more natural than before. Whether it is an ordinary mobile phone, a folding mobile phone, or a tablet, the interface will properly with respect to the screen size.
In One UI 3.0 optimization and dynamic memory allocation is much better. The applications will run faster and have a better user experience. It also restricts activities running in the background to provide better performance and optimize battery efficiency.
Home screen and lock screen
- Add widgets by tapping the application icon on the home screen for a long time.
- Turn off the screen by double-clicking the blank area of the home screen or the lock screen. (Set via this path: Settings>Advanced features>Actions and gestures)
- On the lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets such as calendar, weather, and music.
- New image categories have been added to the dynamic lock screen settings, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- When setting the wallpaper, you can use the interactive preview.
- Editing “Reminder” and “Lock Screen” will become easier.
Phone and chat
- You can view the conversation independently in the notification panel. You can also use the new bubble function to view information.
- When making and receiving calls, you can add a picture or video call background.
Pictures and videos
- Optimize autofocus and auto-exposure function to make taking pictures faster.
- It is easier to view, edit and share pictures and videos from the album.
- Users can restore images to their original state at any time even after saving
- The setting will have a new and simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account will be at the top of the interface, making it easier to access the home screen settings.
- Use the new search function to find the settings you need more easily. For synonyms and common spelling errors, you will get more suitable search results. You can click on the mark to view the group of related settings.
- Reduce the quick setting button, only provide the most frequently used functions. You can also create your own personalized shortcut panel by adding buttons.
- It is easier to paste the image and verification code copied from the text message.
- When you enter a text-based emoji, the corresponding emoji and emoji label recommendations are now added.
- Redesigns the keyboard settings to make it easier to access settings that you use frequently
- Minimize repetitive and complex operations and manage the balance between work and life efficiently.
- Bixby daily program has more options to help you complete automated life settings, including settings that can restore everything to its previous state.
- New daily routines will be recommended based on your daily life and usage patterns.
- New application icons and lock screen widgets will make it easier to find and control your daily programs.
- In the browser, you can hide the status and navigation bar for a more immersive experience. In addition, you can also quickly translate web pages.
- You will be prompted to block sites that send too many pop-up windows or notifications.
- Browse and select files in the cloud disk on the file selection screen of “My Files” at your convenience.
- You can delete cache files more conveniently in “My Files” to free up storage space.
- In the month view and list view in the calendar, events with the same start time will display together
Simpler media and device management
- By optimizing the notifications in the media panel, media and device management are easier. You can see the recently used media applications and quickly change the playback device.
- One UI 3.0 will recommend useful auxiliary functions for you based on your usage. The optimized accessibility shortcuts will be easier to start and use. Even if the new auxiliary function TalkBack is off, you can still use the read-aloud keyboard input function to get voice feedback of your input.
Strong privacy protection
- You can now set up an application to allow access to your microphone, camera, or location once. If the application does not use any permissions for a period of time, these permissions will be automatically revoked. Applications will no longer be allowed to always find your location.
- In “Clock”, when the alarm sounds, you can hear the phone play the time and preset name of the alarm loudly.
- In “Contacts”, you can more easily remove duplicate contacts in your account. The retention period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- You can view and edit the entire list of linked contacts in the contact editing interface.
- Add the recycle bin function in “Information” so that the recently deleted messages can be stored within 30 days.
- Optimize the battery power mode, all power-saving modes will be reset after upgrading.
- Now has a quick sharing method. This is much easier
- Expunge the free Wi-Fi quick connect function
- Expunge the Android Beam file transfer method
Home screen settings
- Swipe down to open the notification panel and rotate to landscape mode to automatically open it
The ROS system no longer supports Gear lconX (R150).