OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS Open Beta 7 update for the OnePlus 8 series late last month. But this month, the company is seeding out the OxygenOS OpenBeta 8 update a little bit earlier. What’s more interesting is for the first time, the OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro are getting the same public beta build as the OnePlus 8T.
For the OnePlus 8T, this update brings 19 fixes. On the other hand, the OnePlus 8 series gets 21 fixes. The two extra fixes are for fingerprint pattern not displaying on screen and some known issues with SMS.
Apart from fixes, the new beta software build also comes with March 2021 security patches. That’s not all, it also brings an option to register OnePlus account with phone number in more regions, optimizations for the startup speed of some apps, touch-range improvements for the stopwatch buttons in the clock app, and a new medal in Zen Mode called ‘Tide Voice’.
OnePlus 8/8 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 8 Official Changelog
- OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
- Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
- Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
- Fixed the issue in which the “Turn on automatically” in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
- Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
- Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
- Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
- Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
- Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Newly added time watermark (Go to: Camera – Settings – Shot on OnePlus watermark – Time)
- Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
- Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
- Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
- Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
- Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
- Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
- Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
- Ambient Display
- Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
- Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
- Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
- Zen Mode
- Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
The latest public beta update for the Oneplus 8 and the Oneplus 8 Pro is available as an OTA update for the users who are already on the previous beta build. Whereas, those on the stable channel will have to download and install it manually from the OnePlus Community.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!