Just last week, OnePlus released OxygenOS Open Beta 1 update for the OnePlus 8T. But the brand has already started rolling out OxygenOs Open Beta 2 for this handset. The former update was all about optimizations, whereas the new build brings a ton of fixes.
The OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Open Beta 2 update brings fixes related to the system, camera, Bluetooth, message, clock, ambient display, network, and Zen Mode. According to the changelog, the new public beta update for the OnePlus 8T comes with a total of 19 fixes.
Some of the notable issues that are getting a fix with this software build are noise in 5G calls, WhatsApp couldn’t receive messages when it is in the background for a long time, flash issue with the quick reply in landscape, abnormal display of status bar when using Chrome in split-screen mode, expanded screenshot not working, pictures not showing in Gallery after being copied to DCIM folder, phone cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices, incomplete dialog box in landscape, several issues with AOD, and WiFi failure issue.
Other than fixes, the latest update for the OnePlus 8T also bumps up the security patch level to March 2021, brings optimizations for the startup speed of some apps, and adds a new time watermark in the camera app as well as a new medal called Tide Voice in Zen Mode.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Open Beta 2 Official Changelog
- OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
- Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
- Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
- Fixed the issue in which the “Turn on automatically” in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
- Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
- Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
- Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
- Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
- Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Newly added time watermark (Go to: Camera – Settings – Shot on OnePlus watermark – Time)
- Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
- Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
- Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
- Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
- Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
- Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
- Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
- Ambient Display
- Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
- Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
- Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
- Zen Mode
- Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
The OxygenOS Open Beta 2 update for the Oneplus 8T is currently being rolled out via OTA to users who are already on the previous build. Alternately, users on the stable channel can also install this update by downloading the appropriate file from the OnePlus Community.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!