The smartphone market is quite complex and competitive especially in large markets such as China and India. In addition to top-notch specs and quality, one other way that OEMs woo customers is through consistent software updates. Most smartphone manufacturers in the market offer no less than two years of major updates. Many also offer up to three years of consistent monthly updates and four years of staggered updates. Chinese manufacturer, Oppo, offers two years of security updates for its smartphones. However, it will change things with the Oppo Find X3 series.
As the competition in the market continues to intensify, Oppo has announced that it will now offer three years of security updates. However, for now, this will only be available for the Oppo Find X3 series. The rest of its smartphones will make do with two years update.
In the Android camp, many OEMs are not doing better than what Oppo is offering. Only the likes of Google, OnePlus, Samsung, and a few others offer 3 to 4 years of consistent updates. As Huawei’s market share is up for grabs, this feels like a good time for Oppo to make this announcement.
This step taken by OPPO indicates that more manufacturers are willing to provide users with long-term services, which is good news no matter what.
The OPPO Find X3 series was released in March of this year. It has an integrated back cover to create an “impossible surface”. It is also equipped with Snapdragon 870/888 SoC, has an ultra-large and ultra-thin VC liquid cooling design, built-in 4500mAh large battery, and supports 65W Super flash charging 30W wireless flash charging, and 10W wireless reverse charging. The starting price of this series is 4499 yuan ($699).
OPPO Find X3 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch ( 1440 x 3216 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 20.1:9 display with HDR10+, 5Hz-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, up to 1300 nits brightness, 525PPI, end-to-end 10-bit color support, 97% NTSC/100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 3200MHz RAM, 256GB ( UFS 3.1 @ 2Lanes HS-Gear4) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 50MP Native 110.3° 1/1.56″ ultra-wide Sony IMX766 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, capable of shooting 4cm macro shots, 13MP periscope camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5x hybrid zoom, 20x digital zoom, 3MP micro lens with f/3.0 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.4 x 74 x 8.3 mm; Weight: 193g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS, dual-antenna NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 flash charge, 30W VOOC Air wireless charging, 10W reverse charging