Yesterday, the Xiaomi sub-brand rolled out the Poco X3 NFC smartphone, which, in terms of its characteristics, looks more advantageous than competitors from its price segment. Some are already in a hurry to conclude that with the new product the company has revolutionized the catalog of its devices and not only by offering decent specs at a reasonable price. And the manufacturer also spawned internal competition with the Poco F2 Pro, where the latter loses to the new product in a number of parameters. Now, For those for whom the performance and Poco X3 NFC chips are redundant, and he is also looking for something cheaper, the company showed the Poco M2.
Poco M2 smartphone is announced and it’s a copy of the Redmi 9
Like the Pro version, the base version also became a copy of one of the Redmi models with small changes that do not affect the overall perception in any way. This time they cloned the Redmi 9, not the Redmi 9C as previously thought.
Poco M2 received a 6.53-inch display with FullHD + resolution, an eight-core Helio G80 chip, 6 GB of RAM and 64/128 GB of storage. The battery capacity is 5000 mAh and there is 18W fast charging technology. The smartphone has an 8-megapixel selfie camera and a quadruple rear one with 13 megapixels + 8 megapixels (wide-angle) + 5 megapixels (macro) + 2 megapixels (depth sensor) sensors.
The smartphone comes with a dedicated microSD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack and runs Android 10 with MIUI 12 for Poco. There are three color variations: black, blue and red. The smartphone has a P2i water-repellent coating. Sales of Poco M2 in India will start on September 15. The version with 6/64 GB will cost $ 150. And for the variant of 6/128 GB you will have to pay $ 170.
POCO M2 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 400 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.8GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs). With up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash. 8MP 118.2° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, linear speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 77x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging