POCO is unveiling the POCO X3 Pro in India on March 30 but it is already holding a global event on March 22 where it is expected to unveil two smartphones- POCO X3 Pro and POCO F3. In this article, let’s focus on the POCO X3 Pro that is launching as a 2021 flagship killer and take a look at its expected specs, features, and price.
POCO X3 Pro- What’s New?
Right from the word get-go, POCO has been teasing a flagship experience on the POCO X3 Pro like its 2018 POCO F1. Despite bringing it under a different series i.e, X, the device is certainly going to focus on performance & balancing the price-performance ratio.
POCO X3, which launched in September 2020, was a budget smartphone with a new Snapdragon 732G processor at that time. Likewise, the company wants to debut the ‘Pro’ variant with an unannounced Snapdragon 860 chipset. This is said to be an overclocked version of the already existing Snapdragon 855+.
Leaked renders showed that the device will have a similar design to the POCO X3. However, the ‘Pro’ is confirmed to get the improved Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. Speaking of renders, the POCO X3 Pro is said to come in three colors- Phantom Black, Metal Bronze, and Frost Blue options.
POCO X3 Pro Expected Specifications and Features
- Dimensions & weight: 165.3mm x 76.8mm x 9.4mm; 215 grams.
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ flat LCD centered punch-hole display, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10 certified, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits max brightness(could be manual), 2.5D curved glass with Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Processor & Cooling: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 up to 2.96GHz, Adreno 640 GPU(unannounced, as of March 20); LiquidCool technology 1.0 Plus
- Rear camera: Quad-camera setup with 48MP main lens, 8MP(possibly ultra-wide), two 2MP sensors.
- Front: –
- Battery:5,160mAh battery with 33W fast charging
- Memory(RAM, storage): 6GB RAM & 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM & 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- connectivity: 4GL LTE dual-SIM, 3G, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GNSS(GPS, Galileo, GLONASS)
- Other features: side-mounted fingerprint sensor, face unlock, IR blaster, 3.5mm audio jack & USB-C port, dual-speakers with Hi-Res Audio certification, MicroSD(up to 1TB),
- OS: MIUI 12 based on Android 11
POCO X3 Pro Expected Price, Availability
We already know that POCO is bringing the device to India, and other global markets including Europe. However, the latest leaks reveal that the device will also reach Southeast Asian countries like Vietnam.
Talking about the price, POCO X3 Pro is said to retail in Europe at €269 for the 6/128GB variant and €319 for the 8/256GB variant. In India, the pricing is not known yet but we expect the company to price it around the ₹21,000-₹23,000($290-$318) mark to continue the POCO F1 legacy and grab the attention.
In countries like Vietnam, the price is listed on Shopee Mall as VND 7,990,000($343) and we can expect something around $300-$320 for the base variant.
Let’s wait for the official pricing on March 22 in Europe, March 25 in Vietnam(as per Shopee, first sale on March 26), and March 30 in India.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!