Poco X3 Pro was released last year, which was ideologically close to the first Pocophone F1, offering hardware close to the top at a nice price. This was the main feature of the smartphone, which allowed it to become popular. But in the case of the successor – the POCO X4 Pro 5G, the number of compromises will be large and the smartphone will be a disappointment in general.
Poco X4 Pro 5G has already begun to receive the necessary certifications, and thus the regulatory authorities have confirmed the imminent release of this model. The global version of the smartphone received model number 2201116PG, and for the Indian market – 2201116PI. Here it is worth recalling that the version of Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G for the international market received the identifier 2201116SG. It is easy to see that the order of numbers for the two models is identical, which indicates that POCO X4 Pro 5G will be just a rebranding of Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G.
If guesses are correct, then POCO X4 Pro 5G will offer a 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz and FullHD+ resolution, Snapdragon 695 chipset, up to 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, up to 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, 5000mAh battery with fast 67-watt charging. It will have a 16-megapixel front camera, stereo speakers, a fingerprint scanner and a triple rear camera of 108 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP.
As of now, there is no official word from Poco regarding the X4 lineup. However, a new Redmi phone with model number 2201116SC appeared on China’s TENAA certification website. Judging from the character sequence, we can expect that Redmi 2201116SC may arrive as Poco X4 Pro 5G outside China.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Poxo X3 Pro smartphone:
POCO X3 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate; HDR10, up to 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla 6 protection
- Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture; 2MP depth and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.8×9.4mm; Weight: 215g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5160mAh battery with 33W fast charging