A couple of months ago, Realme updated its Indian-exclusive Narzo lineup with the Realme Narzo 20 series. The devices have an interesting set of specifications despite their low price. It comes in the form of the Realme Narzo 20, Narzo 20 Pro, and Realme Narzo 20A. As you may expect, the latter is a cost-effective variant that isn’t on par with the other in terms of specs. Still, it delivers a good performance for a low price. As part of its commitment to users, Realme is constantly pushing new updates for many of its smartphones. Recently, the company rolled out updates for the Realme 6 series. Today, the Realme Narzo 20A is the latest device to receive a new update patch.
The new firmware comes with build version RMX2050_11_A1.9. Despite the “11”, this still is an Android 10 based build. The company has been conducting the Realme UI 2.0 update program quite slowly as just a few select devices are running Android 11-based betas rights now. The Realme Narzo 20A update brings November 2020 security patch. This is a little strange, after all, we’re walking to the end of December. However, we know that companies tend to not prioritize low-end smartphones. Hopefully, Realme is skipping December to provide a January security patch next month.
The update also introduces a new physical toggle button in the screenshot setting page. It allows users to capture screenshots without the hassle of combining buttons with the right timing. Realme also introduced some improvements for the image quality in some scenarios through this update. After all, users have been complaining about the image quality on their forums. For more details you can check the changelog below:
Realme Narzo 20A Update Changelog:
- Updated Android security patch: Nov 2020
- Added a toggle of Display keyboard when entering app drawer
- Added a toggle of From Sunset to Sunrise toggle for eye comfort
- Added a feature of short-pressing the power button to turn off flashlight while screen-off
- Optimized the interaction logic of the system control toggle on the status bar
- Added a physical toggle button in the screenshot setting page
- Fixed the issue of dimmed image shoot by front camera in some scenarios
- Fix the issue of dark front camera photos in some scenes
- Optimize the default brightness lock toggle to off
Further, the update addresses an issue of dimmed and dark image shoot by the front camera in some scenarios. It also optimizes the default brightness lock toggle to off in the gamespace. Worth noting that the update is rolling out via OTA in a gradual form. In other words, it can take a couple of days to reach all eligible units. You can try to force check the update by heading to Settings > Software update menu.