Xiaomi has begun distributing a stable version of MIUI 11 update, this time based on the Android 10 operating system for the Redmi 8 smartphone. The update takes place under the MIUI version number 220.127.116.11 QCNCNXM.
Redmi 8 has finally received Android 10 update
In addition to upgrading Android, this update contains security fixes released in June 2020, as well as regular bug fixes and performance improvements. The update began to spread in China, and in the coming days, it should be released in other countries. Redmi also plans to upgrade the smartphone to MIUI 12, but later.
Redmi 8 has arrived last year with a 6.22-inch screen at HD+ resolution, covered with Gorilla Glass 5, a Snapdragon 439 SoC, as well as a dual main camera with image sensors with a resolution of 12 (Sony IMX363) and 2 megapixels. The front camera has a resolution of 8 megapixels.
The equipment includes an infrared port for controlling household appliances, an FM-receiver, an impressive 5000 mAh battery with support for 18 W fast charging. A fingerprint sensor is located under the main camera.
Redmi 8 specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 12nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD autofocus, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
19 million units of the Redmi 8 smartphone series have been sold
Recently, Redmi brand leader Lu Weibing has published a teaser picture on the Weibo social network dedicated to the next milestone in sales of Redmi 8 smartphones. As it turned out, currently the sales of the series models have exceeded the mark of 19 million units. This includes Redmi 8, Redmi 8A, Redmi 8A Dual and Redmi 8A Pro models.
In his message, the head of the company noted that a full upgrade of the Redmi line, marked with a five-star rating for high quality, will be released soon. This seems to contain a hint of a local announcement of Redmi 9. The global version of the model has introduced in the past weeks. It received a quad camera, a MediaTek Helio G80 platform, NFC and a 5020 mAh battery.