Last month, Samsung officially released the Samsung Galaxy S21 series. This series includes the Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra. The U.S. and China version of this series uses the Snapdragon 888 SoC. However, these devices in the rest of the world come with the Exynos 2100 SoC. Samsung has recently pushed a system update for this series, including the Android February security patch. However, many users report that the power consumption of mobile phones has increased sharply.
However, it appears that this issue is only affecting the Exynos models. According to reports, after updating, there is a significant increase in power consumption. Hwever, the isssue does not seem to be active when the phone is on airplane mode. As of now, only users of the Galaxy S21 and S21+ seems to have this issue. It us uncertain hether the flagship model Galaxy S21 Ultra has the same issue.
According to Samsung, it is aware of the issue and it is working on a solution. The company claims that the next system update solve this problem will be available soon. The Samsung Galaxy S21 comes with a 120Hz high-dynamic AMOLED screen, a 12-megapixel main camera, a 64-megapixel telephoto camera, and a 30x ultra-visual spatial zoom. If you are experiencing this issue, let us know in the comment section below
- S21 — 6.2-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 421 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (48 – 120Hz), up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- S21+ — 6.7-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 394 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (48 – 120Hz), up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 64MP Telephoto lens with f/2.0 aperture, 3x hybrid zoom, 30X space zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 10MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water resistant (IP68)
- S21 Dimensions: 151.7 x 71.2 x 7.9mm; Weight: 171g (mmWave), 169g (sub6)
- S21+ Dimensions: 161.4 x 75.6 x 7.8mm; Weight: 202g(mmWave), 200g(sub6)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, UWB (S21+), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh (S21) / 4800mAh (S21+) battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging