At Sony’s global launch event this morning, the company officially launched the Sony Xperia PRO-I. This smartphone is a new generation of professional imaging smartphones. The biggest highlight of this smartphone is the 1-inch super large base CMOS for the main camera. This sensor is said to be the same Exmor RS magic modification of the BlackBerry 7 (RX100 VII). It has 12 megapixels and a single pixel of 2.4µm per pixel, which is 20% higher than the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The main camera lens also uses Zeiss T* coating and supports F2.0/4.0 variable aperture.
In addition, there are two 12MP cameras (ultra wide-angle + telephoto) and a 3D iTOF element. The camera supports 315-point phase focus, 20 frames per second continuous shooting, 12bit RAM format output, built-in Bionz X image processor, human/animal eye focus (photograph + video), two-level professional damping shutter button + circular video button. Furthermore, users can record videos at 4K 120FPS 5x slow motion. In order to serve Vlog users, Sony also has a 3.5-inch back-clamp secondary screen.
The Sony Xperia PRO-I comes with a 6.5-inch 4K 120Hz full screen with a 21:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, this device comes with the flagship Snapdragon 888 chip SoC coupled with 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage. In addition, this device supports memory card expansion and a side fingerprint sensor. Under the hood, this flagship smartphone comes with a 4500 mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. The device also retains the 3.5mm headphone jack and supports LDAC and DSEE audio technology. In terms of dimension and weight, this device weighs 211g and measures 166.0 x 72 x 8.9mm. It further supports IP68 dustproof and waterproof as well as a Gorilla Victus glass in the front.
Sony Xperia PRO-I Specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, X1 for mobile, lluminant D65 White point, 10 bit tonal gradation, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB RAM, 512GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 11
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP 1.0-type 24mm Exmor RS sensor, f2.0/f4.0 variable aperture, 85° FoV, Hybrid OIS/EIS, ZEISS Tessar Optics, 12MP 1/2.5″ Exmor RS for mobile sensor, 124° ultra wide-angle, 12MP 1/2.9″ 50mm 2x telephoto Exmor RS for mobile sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 48° FoV, 3D iToF sensor, ZEISS T* coating, Real-Time Eye AF (Human, Animal), Real-Time Tracking, Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta”, Videography Pro, 4K HDR Video recording up to 120fps, Optical SteadyShot with FlawlessEye, SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization), Slowmotion(720p 120fps), Intelligent wind filter
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, 360 Reality Audio, 360 Reality Audio hardware decoding, 360 Spatial Sound, Full-stage stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:166 x 72 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 211g
- Water resistant (IPX5/IPX8), Dust proof (IP6X)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4500mAh Battery with 30W (USB PD) fast charging, Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, STAMINA Mode, Qi Wireless charging, Battery Share function
The Sony Xperia PRO-I will commence sales in the UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and other places in December. The price of this device is 1,799 euros ($2,088). The Vlog display is 199 euros ($231), and the back-hold clip is 89.99 euros ($104).