motorola is expanding its lineup with the introduction of the more affordable Motorola Razr 40. It comes a few weeks after the release of its pricier sibling, the Razr 40 Ultra. The Razr 40 model is currently available exclusively in China through Lenovo's online store. It starts at CNY 4,000 (about $557) for the 8/128GB variant.
Motorola Launches the Affordable Razr 40 Model in China
While searching Motorola's websites for other countries, GSMarena team found that the device is listed as “coming soon” everywhere else. However, they did manage to spot it on a Czech retailer's site, which estimates a July 21 arrival date. That's about a month from now. Pre-orders are already open for CZK 21,600 (about $1,000). This pricing is higher than the price of the smartphone in China.
In early June, Motorola India tweeted about the upcoming release of the Razr 40 series. However, neither model has become available yet. In the US, the Razr 40 Ultra, which we also know as the Razr+, is currently available for pre order and is set to start shipping on June 29, just a week away. Users can also pre order the Razr+ in Canada and is already available in Mexico and Brazil.
Gizchina News of the week
The vanilla Razr 40 has appeared on the list in Brazil. But there is no official information yet about its pricing or launch date. Currently, Brazil is the only country in the Americas where the device has been spotted.
So, Motorola enthusiasts around the world are eagerly awaiting the expanded availability of the Razr 40 series. They hope for competitive pricing that aligns with their expectations. As the release dates draw nearer, consumers anticipate getting their hands on the latest Razr models and experiencing the innovative features they offer.
Motorola razr 40 specifications
- Internal – 6.9-inch (2640×1080 pixels) FlexView FHD+ pOLED display, 144Hz refresh rate, 10-bit HDR 10+, up to 1400 nits brightness
- External – 1.47″ (194×368 pixels) QuickView AMOLED display, 60Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, up to 1000 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 (4nm) Mobile Platform with Adreno 644 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDD4X RAM, 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- android 13
- Dual SIM (eSIM + nano)
- 64MP main camera with 1.7 aperture, OIS, 13MP ultra-wide camera, macro option, f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 170.82 (open) / 88.24 (closed) ×73.95×7.35mm (open) / 15.8mm (closed) Weight: 188.6g
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5g SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4200mAh battery, 33W TurboPower fast charging, 5W wireless charging