Water-resistant phones are becoming more and more common, but they’re not indestructible. If you drop your phone in water, there’s a good chance that the speakers will be affected. In this article, we’ll show you how to remove water and clean the speakers of your smartphone.
How to remove water and clean the speakers of your smartphone
The first thing you should do if your phone speaker doesn’t work after getting wet is to turn it off and let it dry completely. This will help to prevent any further damage to the speaker.
Once your phone is dry, you can try the following steps to fix the speaker:
- Clean the speaker grill. The speaker grill is the small hole on the front of your phone that the speaker sound comes out of. If the speaker grill is dirty or clogged, it can prevent the sound from coming out clearly. To clean the speaker grill, use a cotton swab or toothbrush to gently remove any dirt or debris.
- Blow into the speaker grill. If the speaker grill is clean, you can try blowing into it to see if that will dislodge any water or particles that are stuck inside.
- Use a can of compressed air. If blowing into the speaker grill doesn’t work, you can try using a can of compressed air to blow out any water or particles that are stuck inside.
- Play a sound file at different frequencies. There are a number of sound files available online that can be used to fix a phone speaker that doesn’t work after getting wet. These sound files play sounds at different frequencies. It can help to dislodge any water or particles that are stuck inside the speaker.
- Take your phone to a repair shop. If you’ve tried all of the above and your phone speaker still doesn’t work, you may need to take your phone to a repair shop. A qualified technician will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it.
A video to remove traces of water and particles from the speaker of your phone
Gizchina News of the week
Preventing your phone speaker from getting wet
The best way to prevent your phone speaker from getting wet is to avoid getting your phone wet in the first place. However, if you do happen to drop your phone in water, there are a few things you can do to help prevent damage to the speaker:
- Turn your phone off immediately. This will help to prevent any further damage to the speaker.
- Remove the SIM card and battery. This will help to dry out the phone and prevent any corrosion.
- Let your phone dry completely before using it again. You can speed up the drying process by placing your phone in a bag of rice.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your phone speaker in good working order.
Here are some additional tips for preventing your phone speaker from getting wet:
- Use a waterproof case. A waterproof case will help to protect your phone from water damage, even if you submerge it in water.
- Be careful when using your phone in wet conditions. If you are using your phone in the rain or near water, be sure to keep it away from any direct contact with water.
- Don’t use your phone in the shower or bathtub. The steam from the shower or bathtub can cause water damage to your phone.
- Don’t use your phone while swimming or surfing. The water pressure from swimming or surfing can cause water damage to your phone.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your phone speaker in good working order and prevent it from getting a water damage.