The Nintendo 64 was a revolutionary console that introduced 3D graphics to the gaming world. It had some of the most iconic games of all time, such as Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and GoldenEye 007. If you're feeling nostalgic and want to relive those classic games, you can use an N64 emulator on your android device. Here are the top 5 N64 emulators for Android in 2023.
N64 emulators for Android
1. ClassicBoy Pro
ClassicBoy Pro is a multi-system emulator that supports N64, PlayStation, Game Boy Advance, and more. It has a customizable on-screen controller and supports hardware controllers. You can save and load your game progress and use cheat codes. The app is available for $3.99 on the google Play Store.
ClassicBoy Pro allows users to play retro video games on their Android devices. With the ability to simulate dozens of classic game consoles and handhelds, ClassicBoy Pro offers a vast library of tens of thousands of retro video games. The app is available on the Google Play Store and can be downloaded for free.
The app is available in two versions: ClassicBoy Lite and ClassicBoy Pro. The Lite version is free to download and use, while the Pro version can be purchased for a small fee. The Pro version offers additional features, including support for cheat codes and save states.
Here are the pros, cons, and user ratings of ClassicBoy Pro emulator based on the search results:
- ClassicBoy Pro is a multi-console emulator that supports different consoles such as Game Boy Advance, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega Genesis, PlayStation, and NES.
- It allows users to use any external device to make the experience more enjoyable.
- ClassicBoy Pro enables users to change the controls to Gesture Control for a smooth and straightforward experience.
- It has a lot of advantages that no other emulator software can compare.
- ClassicBoy Pro shows FPS count and CTR filters.
- The value is very bad for this emulator as it costs $8 and can only play DS roms. It lacks the ability to link and play previous-generation games.
- It doesn't seem to load all games, and some users have reported issues with loading PlayStation games.
User rating of ClassicBoy Pro emulator:
ClassicBoy Pro has a 3.8-star rating on Google Play. It also has 6.81K reviews and its downloads exceed 500K.
Lemuroid is a free and open-source emulator that supports N64, PlayStation, and Game Boy Advance. It has a clean and simple interface and supports hardware controllers. You can save and load your game progress and use cheat codes. The app is available on the Google Play Store.
Lemuroid is an open-source emulator based on Libretro that is designed to work on a wide range of devices, from phones to TVs, and to provide the best user experience on Android. It is completely free and without ads. Its main goal is ease of use, good Android integration, and a great user experience. Lemuroid supports a variety of systems, including Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Lynx, Nintendo (NES), Super Nintendo (SNES), Game Boy (GB), Game Boy Color (GBC), and Game Boy Advance (GBA). It also supports zipped ROMs, display simulation (LCD/CRT), fast-forward support, gamepad support, tilt-to-stick support, touch control customization (size and position), cloud save sync, and local multiplayer (connect multiple gamepads to the same device).
Pros of Lemuroid emulator
- Lemuroid is an open-source emulator that is completely free and without ads.
- It is designed to work on a wide range of devices, from phones to TVs, and provides the best user experience on Android.
- It supports a long list of retro game platforms and delivers on every single one.
- Lemuroid presents an interface similar to a gaming console, with thumbnails assigned to their respective games, making it easy to navigate.
- It has satisfactory customization settings and options.
- It supports zipped ROMs, display simulation (LCD/CRT), fast-forward support, gamepad support, tilt-to-stick support, touch control customization (size and position), cloud save sync, and local multiplayer (connect multiple gamepads to the same device).
Cons of Lemuroid emulator:
- Not every device can emulate every console. Also, users will need a very powerful device for more recent systems such as PSP and DS and 3DS.
- The tedious task of moving all the necessary files into a single place can be a drawback.
- Lack of options and customization, slowness, as well as responsiveness can be a downside.
- The interface can be complex to navigate, and it takes more digging than one would like to get to games.
- The game view is not the prettiest (just a text list), and there is no real customization except a few different UI engines (XMB, etc.).
User rating of Lemuroid emulator:
Lemuroid has a 4.1-star rating on Google Play and it has 13.1K reviews. The downloads for this app are over 1 million times.
3. Mupen64Plus FZ
Mupen64Plus FZ is a free and open-source emulator that supports N64. It has a customizable on-screen controller and supports hardware controllers. You can save and load your game progress and use cheat codes. The app is available on the Google Play Store.
Gizchina News of the week
It is a cross-platform plugin-based emulator that can accurately play many games. The emulator also includes four MIPS R4300 CPU emulators, with dynamic recompilers for 32-bit x86 and 64-bit amd64 systems. In addition, it has the necessary plugins for audio, graphical rendering (RDP), signal co-processor (RSP), as well as input. There is also an included OpenGL video plugin called RiceVideo, and three other video plugins maintained by wahrhaft called Arachnoid, Glide64, and Z64. Furthermore, Mupen64Plus FZ is capable of running many classic Nintendo 64 games such as Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium, and Goldeneye 007.
The emulator is easy to set up on Android devices, and there are many tutorials available online. Users can also configure their controllers manually if the built-in controller profiles do not work. Mupen64Plus FZ also supports raw controller access using raphnet adapters, which allows users to use N64 Rumble packs and Memory Paks as if on a real N64.
Mupen64Plus FZ is an N64 emulator available on Android devices. Here are the pros and cons of the emulator, as well as its user rating:
- Mupen64Plus FZ is free to download and use, with no shady business
- It is fully featured and effective, with a decent list of compatible titles
- It supports the N64 Transfer Pak
- It has an elegant and easy-to-access interface
- Mupen64Plus FZ has ads, but users can remove them for a one-time fee of $5
- It was worse than Project64 for many years, but has since improved.
User rating of Mupen64Plus FZ emulator:
Mupen64Plus FZ has a 4.6-star rating on Google Play, based on 118K reviews, and has been downloaded over 5 million times.
RetroArch is a free and open-source emulator that supports N64 and many other systems. It is also loaded with an extensive library of cores, which are video game emulators for different systems. RetroArch can be confusing for beginners, but there are tutorials available to help users navigate the menus, cores, latency, controllers, and other features. It is available for Android, Windows, Xbox, and other platforms.
Pros of RetroArch emulator:
- RetroArch is a frontend software that supports multiple emulators through an attractive user-friendly interface
- RetroArch has many great features, including overlays, runahead, per core configs, hotkeys, Retro Achievements, AI, etc.
- RetroArch Android app is a very special emulator app that, instead of focusing on a single console, attempts to include all kinds of consoles and games
- RetroArch is a multi-system emulator that uses the Libretro development interface
Cons of RetroArch emulator:
- RetroArch can be convoluted in comparison to standalone emulators
- RetroArch and standalone emulators both have their pros and cons, and comparing them is a legitimate discussion for people to have
- Some users may find RetroArch to be less user-friendly than other emulators
User rating of RetroArch emulator:
RetroArch emulator has a 3.9-star rating on Google Play, based on 44K reviews, and has been downloaded over 5 million times.
Super64Plus is a free emulator that supports N64. It has a customizable on-screen controller and supports hardware controllers. You can also save and load your game progress and use cheat codes. The app is available on the Google Play Store.
- Runs games much better than both N64oid and the default Mupen
- User-friendly interface, making it great for those unfamiliar with emulators and ROMs
- Rarely, if not never, crashes
- Offers a good gaming experience for a few extra bucks
- Excellent compatibility and doesn't require BIOS, unlike other emulators
- Allows you to adjust the aspect ratio without unnecessary cropping or stretching
- Comes with ads
- Not the best when it comes to graphics, but it does a good job of mimicking the visuals and the sound of original N64 games
User rating of Super64Plus emulator:
Super64Plus emulator has a 4.1-star rating on Google Play, based on 11.2K reviews, and has been downloaded over 1 million times.
These are the top 5 N64 emulators for Android in 2023. Each emulator has its own unique features and benefits, so choose the one that suits your needs and choices. With these emulators, you can also relive the classic games of the Nintendo 64 on your Android device.