The Xiaomi Mi MIX series is a flagship series from the Chinese manufacturer. However, the company seems to have abandoned this series. until reports of the MIX 4 hit the web. The last smartphone in the MIX series is the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold. However, this is not a regular smartphone. Thus, we can say that the last regular smartphone in the MIX series is the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3. This device was released in October 2018 and it’s the fourth product in the Mi MIX series.
According to Zhang Guoquan, director of system software department of Xiaomi smartphones, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 will get an update next week. He claims that the MIUI 12.5 internal beta will arrive the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 next week. This information is from an official channel thus we can look forward to this uodate. However, it is an internal beta which means that only a few select users will have access to it. Nevertheless, the beauty of an internal beta is that the update is on its way. It shouldmnt take long before the public beta and then the stable version arrive.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 is the successor of the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, and it is the world’s first full-screen magnetic slide phone. This smartphone comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 platform. It is also the world’s first smartphone with 10GB RAM capacity (Forbidden City Special Edition). Presently, following reports on Xiaomi community, there are not many bugs on the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 10GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor, 1.0 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 24MP front-facing camera with Super Pixel low-light tech, Sony IMX576 sensor, secondary 2MP DOF camera, OV02A10 sensor, customized high CRI selfie light
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.89x 74.69x 8.46mm; Weight: 218g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (4×4 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh (typ)/ 3100mAh (min) battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging