For the Labour Day holiday which lasts between May 1st and May 5th, Xiaomi will give out tens of MIX Fold for FREE. According to the company, it will give out 12 Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold every day for five days. This means that the company will give out 60 Xiaomi MI MIX Folds for free. Users need to go to the Xiaomi Home offline store and scan the QR code in the store to participate in the activity. The activity time is from 10:00 to 22:00 every day from May 1st to 5th, and one unit will be given out every hour.
We know you might have been thinking of how to participate and probably win this device. However, if you are not in China, you cant participate. This giveaway is for Chinese users and you also have to visit the physical Mi Home.
According to Lu Weibing, Redmi’s general manager, Xiaomi needs this event to give its new logo more attention. He claims that during the May Day holiday, Xiaomi homes across China are also stepping up to advertise the new logo. He also hopes that Xiaomi fans will help in propagating the new logo. We believe that sharing the new logo will also be a form of criteria to win. After scanning the QR code at the physical store, you will see the instructions on how to participate.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold is actually Xiaomi’s first foldable smartphone. This device is one of the cheapest foldable smartphones in the market presently. The 12GB + 256GB is available for 9999 yuan ($1,544) while the 12GB + 512GB and 16GB + 512GB ceramic special edition are available for 10,999 yuan ($1,699) and 12,999 yuan ($2,008) respectively. See the full specs of this smartphone below
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate. 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0