The ASUS Zenfone 6 is getting a new update, the third since its launch in May. The OTA brings new features and updates the security patch.
The update is rolling out as version v16.1210.1906.156 and is nearly 400MB in size. It brings June 2019’s security patch, enables AR Core and enables 8x zoom in photo mode. Below is the full changelog:
- Enabled ARCore
- Improved Video Call Experience
- Enabled 8X zoom in Photo mode.
- Removed the time limit for FHD video recording.
- Added the function to start/stop video recording with the volume Keys in the Camera app.
- Improved Photo Image Quality on Noice Reduction.
- Improved Camera Flipping Stability.
- Optimized Screenshot Stability and solved bug related to screenshot functionality.
- Enabled TaiwanMobile VoWiFi.
- Updated Security Patch to June 2019.
- Updated Translation Strings in Settings.
The update is rolling out in stages and should be available to more users as time goes on.
ASUS has really stepped up its game with the Zenfone 6 or ASUS 6z as it is known in India. It runs a new version of ZenUI that is closer to stock Android and it is also guaranteed to get updated to Android Q and Android R.
The Zenfone 6 has 48MP dual rear cameras that flip forward to double as the front-facing cameras. This allows the phone to have a near bezel-less display without the need for a notch or punch hole. The phone also packs a massive 5000mAh battery, a Snapdragon 855 chipset, an audio jack, and a triple card slot that allows you to use dual nano-SIMs and a MicroSD card at the same time.